You need not and probably should not try to emulate what your kids were doing in school. This unfortunate situation gives every parent a chance to ensure that their children have some basic tools for learning that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. 1. Have your kids read aloud to you. […]
Welcome to MICHN
COVID-19 and INCH 2020 -- We are monitoring the current situation carefully and prayerfully and will make a decision about the necessity of canceling our conference by mid-April. We remain hopeful, continuing with our planning and preparations for now.2020 INCH Conference Registration
New To Homeschooling?
*Bonus- Read or listen to the end and learn the five Ingredients which make up Homeschooling’s “Secret Sauce” 1. WHO can homeschool in Michigan? Any parent willing to “own” their child’s education and provide what our state law requires: an “organized educational program” in these areas: language arts (reading, writing, spelling, grammar, […]
Tips for Thriving When Your Children are Home With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) virus requiring many students who are usually in school to be home, and homeschool families who are used to being out and about to activities, field trips, co-ops, and classes, also now stuck at home– many parents are struggling with knowing how to […]
Join us next spring for our 37th annual Michigan Home Education Conference!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW FOR INCH 2020
Michigan's Inspirational Networking Conference for Homeschoolers (INCH)
May 15-16, 2020 in Lansing, MichiganGet More Info
- Conferences – We host over 2,000 attendees in Lansing annually on the third weekend of May at our two day INCH Conference- the Inspirational Networking Conference for Homeschoolers. INCH is a Christ-centered event established to educate, encourage, exhort, and equip Michigan’s home educating families, with a focus on Biblical home discipleship. We also offer smaller “INCH on the Road” conferences around the state throughout the year.
- Communication – We are connected to over 5,000 homeschooling families throughout the state, whom we regularly touch through email and social media, casting vision and sharing home education and discipleship ideas, information, opportunities, & resources from a Biblical worldview.
- Connections – Creating a state-wide community of Christian homeschooling families, networked through our 9 regional representatives and hundreds of homeschool leaders, unified for encouragement, support, and mutual benefit.
- Leadership – Assisting local Christian homeschool support groups and home discipleship ministries, equipping leaders at annual retreats and training events, building a strong leadership network throughout the state.
- A consistent voice in the Capitol – Continually engaging legislators and monitoring public policy through our legislative liaisons, encouraging homeschool families to connect with their legislators and participate in the political process, and offering our annual Day Under the Dome: Homeschool Day at the Capitol event – all to ensure our continued freedom to home educate in Michigan.
Michigan Christian Homeschool Network (MiCHN) is a 501-c-3 not-for-profit ministry. Your donations are tax deductible. You can make a one-time, or recurring donation, of any amount. To learn more about who MiCHN is, and the … Sign Up Now about Donate
In Michigan, we currently have much freedom to choose homeschooling as a viable educational choice for our children, and homeschoolers are clearly protected under the law. This was not the case in the early days of the … Read More about Building Bridges with the Legislature