Special guest post this week from Michigan homeschool graduate, Kristiana Sfirlea. I Never Went to School in My Pajamas: The Story of a Homeschooled Author Hi, everyone! My name is Kristiana Sfirlea, and I am the author of Legend of the Storm Sneezer, a middle grade fantasy involving time travel and things that go bump […]
Children have questions about what is going on in the world around them. You can create meaningful conversations and lasting memories with our printable Memory Book for elementary students or our Time Capsule printable for older students. Get your FREE COVID-19 Memory Book. Elementary: 16 page printable pdf Older students: 21 page printable pdf Grab Your Copy
You need not and probably should not try to emulate what your kids were doing in school. This unfortunate situation gives every parent a chance to ensure that their children have some basic tools for learning that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. 1. Have your kids read aloud to you. […]
Join us next spring for our 38th annual Michigan Home Education Conference!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW FOR INCH 2021
Michigan's Inspirational Networking Conference for Homeschoolers (INCH)
May 20-22, 2021 in Lansing, Michigan
- Conferences – We host over 2,000 attendees in Lansing annually on the third weekend of May at our two day INCH Conference- the Inspirational Networking Conference for Homeschoolers. INCH is a Christ-centered event established to educate, encourage, exhort, and equip Michigan’s home educating families, with a focus on Biblical home discipleship. We also offer smaller “INCH on the Road” conferences around the state throughout the year.
- Communication – We are connected to over 5,000 homeschooling families throughout the state, whom we regularly touch through email and social media, casting vision and sharing home education and discipleship ideas, information, opportunities, & resources from a Biblical worldview.
- Connections – Creating a state-wide community of Christian homeschooling families, networked through our 9 regional representatives and hundreds of homeschool leaders, unified for encouragement, support, and mutual benefit.
- Leadership – Assisting local Christian homeschool support groups and home discipleship ministries, equipping leaders at annual retreats and training events, building a strong leadership network throughout the state.
- A consistent voice in the Capitol – Continually engaging legislators and monitoring public policy through our legislative liaisons, encouraging homeschool families to connect with their legislators and participate in the political process, and offering our annual Day Under the Dome: Homeschool Day at the Capitol event – all to ensure our continued freedom to home educate in Michigan.
Michigan Christian Homeschool Network (MiCHN) is a 501-c-3 not-for-profit ministry. Your donations are tax deductible. You can make a one-time, or recurring donation, of any amount. To learn more about who MiCHN is, and the … Sign Up Now about Donate
In Michigan, we currently have much freedom to choose homeschooling as a viable educational choice for our children, and homeschoolers are clearly protected under the law. This was not the case in the early days of the … Read More about Building Bridges with the Legislature