Why Should You Become a Member of the Michigan Christian Homeschool Network?
MICHN exists to come alongside families who want to see Christ glorified from one generation to the next. We long to see Jesus Christ exalted as one generation proclaims His great mercies to the next. MICHN believes that homeschooling is uniquely suited to this purpose, and we pray that the Lord would find us faithful in that task.
Our desire is to become a hub in Michigan that the Lord Jesus can use to strengthen and empower the Christian home discipleship movement, through:
¨ Conferences – Establishing Christ-centered events to educate, encourage, exhort, and equip Michigan’s home educating families.
¨ Communication – Casting vision and sharing home discipleship ideas, information, opportunities, & resources from a Biblical worldview.
¨ Connecting – Creating a state-wide community of Christian homeschooling families, networked and unified for encouragement, support, and mutual benefit.
¨ Cultivating Leadership – Assisting local Christian support groups and home discipleship ministries, equipping leaders, and building a strong leadership network throughout the state.
Providing a consistent voice in the Capitol –
Engaging legislators and monitoring public policy, ensuring our continued freedom to home educate in Michigan.
Ten important things your membership enables MICHN to do:
- Provide an annual convention for families to be encouraged and equipped in the hard work of home discipleship.
- Provide a website for connecting and communicating with other home educators in our state.
- Provide online opportunities for asking questions and receiving answers from fellow disciples on topics that concern you.
- Serve as an effective liaison between the homeschooling community and numerous state agencies and organizations across Michigan.
- Build bridges between homeschoolers and lawmakers, policymakers, and educators.
- Keep families informed about homeschooling law and policy developments across the state, through the INCH email list.
- Help Michigan homeschoolers network and find the resources, support, and information they need.
- Provide referrals to local support groups for new home educators.
- Provide encouragement, training, and networking for homeschool leaders.
- Network with and learn from homeschool leaders across the nation through the Alliance of Christian Home Education Leaders.
Protecting and Promoting Private Home Education in Michigan, MICHN works in many ways! It is through your association with us that allows us to better support more home school families. We have many member benefits designed especially for you.
*MICHN membership We rely on God’s grace and the generosity of donors to keep the MICHN alive. Your annual membership of $30 expires one year from the date purchased. We ask that you prayerfully consider becoming a monthly supporter of MICHN.
Join online today!
MICHN Member Benefits Include:
INCH Conference Admission Discount
You will receive a discounted rate on your annual INCH Conference registration when you join MICHN. (And in 2020 due to the cancellation of INCH 2020, free admission to our online “Keep Calm and Homeschool On-MICHN Edition” conference, our Digital Day @ the Dome, Used Curriculum Sale, and any regional INCH on the Road events.)
Families who are members of MICHN have the opportunity to receive a discount on their membership fee with HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association). ($15 off annual membership)
Access to our Members Only section of the MICHN website
Here you can freely listen to recordings of great speakers with helpful and encouraging messages from past INCH conferences.
You can create your own MICHN member Teacher or Student ID cards… just upload a photo, input the necessary info, and print!
MICHN provides Members with up-to-date urgent action bulletins, legislative updates and alerts via email in addition to periodic emails with information of interest to Michigan homeschoolers. (Information on Michigan law, requirements and support groups).
Graduate Recognition Ceremonies
MICHN hosts a graduate recognition ceremony each year at our conference. This event is a meaningful celebration of a very important milestone in a homeschooled student’s life. Participation in these ceremonies is only open to MICHN members.