Why Should You Become a Member of the Michigan Christian Homeschool Network?
Membership in MICHN, the Michigan Christian Homeschool Network, provides you with important information you need for educating your children at home in the state of Michigan and connects you with the home school community statewide.
In addition, your membership support allows MICHN to watch legislation that may affect parents’ rights to teach their children at home in Michigan.
Ten important things your membership enables MICHN to do:
- Provide an annual convention for families to be encouraged and equipped in the hard work of home discipleship.
- Provide a website for connecting and communicating with other home educators in our state.
- Provide online opportunities for asking questions and receiving answers from fellow disciples on topics that concern you.
- Serve as an effective liaison between the homeschooling community and numerous state agencies and organizations across Michigan.
- Build bridges between homeschoolers and lawmakers, policymakers, and educators.
- Keep families informed about homeschooling law and policy developments across the state, through the INCH email list.
- Help Michigan homeschoolers network and find the resources, support, and information they need.
- Provide referrals to local support groups for new home educators.
- Provide encouragement, training, and networking for homeschool leaders.
- Network with and learn from homeschool leaders across the nation through the Alliance of Christian Home Education Leaders.
Protecting and Promoting Private Home Education in Michigan, MICHN works in many ways! It is through your association with us that allows us to better support more home school families. We have many member benefits designed especially for you.
BEFORE you join MICHN, might we suggest you first pay the fees required by your local homeschool support group. These are the people closest to you, working hard to provide both opportunity and community for those who have chosen to educate their children home in your local area. [If you need help finding a local homeschool group, go here ]
AFTER you join MICHN, please consider joining HSLDA- the Home School Legal Defense Association. They are the national organization that fights both locally and nationally to preserve our home schooling freedom. They were instrumental in moving Michigan from one of the most restrictive states to one of the best states for discipling our children at home. [Find HSLDA membership info here ]
*MICHN membership costs $30 annually. Your membership expires one year from the date purchased. REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR MEMBERSHIP.
Join online today!
MICHN Member Benefits Include today: (with more being worked upon for tomorrow)
INCH Conference Admission Discount
You will receive a discounted rate on your annual INCH Conference registration when you join MICHN. (And in 2020 due to the cancellation of INCH 2020, free admission to our online “Keep Calm and Homeschool On-MICHN Edition” conference, our Digital Day @ the Dome, Used Curriculum Sale, and any regional INCH on the Road events.)
Patriot Academy’s “Schooling from Home- Crash Course in History and Government” – Rick Green brings history to LIFE, making learning fun and entertaining! Join the Schooling From Home Crash Course from Patriot Academy and interact LIVE with not only Rick Green, but also other special guests like Brad Stein, David Barton, George Washington, and more! Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to learn in a fun way and equip your family to stand up for freedom! When: The 4 week, 12 class event will begin on May 4 and end on May 29, 2020. The class will meet from 2:00-4:00 pm EST
Families who are members of MICHN have the opportunity to receive a discount on their membership fee with HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association). ($20 off annual membership)
Access to our Members Only section of the MICHN website
Here you can freely listen to recordings of great speakers with helpful and encouraging messages from past INCH conferences.
You can create your own MICHN member Teacher or Student ID cards… just upload a photo, input the necessary info, and print!
Much more in the works… member discussion forums, classified ad and bulletin board postings, a statewide homeschool events calendar, etc…
MICHN provides Members with up-to-date urgent action bulletins, legislative updates and alerts via email in addition to periodic emails with information of interest to Michigan homeschoolers. (Information on Michigan law, requirements and support groups).
Graduate Recognition Ceremonies
MICHN hosts a graduate recognition ceremony each year at our conference. This event is a meaningful celebration of a very important milestone in a homeschooled student’s life. Participation in these ceremonies is only open to MICHN members.